- This event has passed.
The Latest Insights Into Managing Anger with Anita Avedian and Dr. Marc Milstein
October 2, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
It is understandable to have feelings of anger in these times. But it is important to beware that according to a study at Harvard University, in the 2 hours after a period of intense anger, the risk of heart attack may increase by 8.5 times.
This seminar will empower you with usable strategies to manage anger to protect your mental and physical health.
How It Will Work:
- This is a live Zoom event. All those that enroll will receive a video replay of the event that can be accessed as often as you like for 14 days. .
- I will be speaking for 1 hour and then we will have a 5 minute break.
- Anita Avedian will then speak for 1 hour.
- We will have 25 minutes of Q and A and discussion.
You Will Learn:
- How anger really works in the brain.
- The surprising relationship between anger and dementia
- How to effectively manage anger to protect our brain (especially in these times).
- How to deal with other individuals in our lives who are angry.
- Why exercise is sometimes NOT the best way to manage anger and what is better way to control anger.
- How to identify what makes you angry. Sometimes it’s not what we think!
- What kind of anger is actually really good for your brain and body and how to use anger to your advantage.
- Science based strategies to not let anger overwhelm you and negatively impact your mental and physical health.
- The key brain structures, pathways and neurochemicals of anger and why it is important to understand this information.
- What’s real and what’s hype in the world of brain based treatments for anger.
All explained in an easy to understand and entertaining manner!
2.5 hours of CEU credit available for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs.
You will receive a link to the Zoom the day before the seminar.
Anita Avedian is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (License # LMFT 38403), the Executive Director of Avedian Marriage and Family Therapy Corporation (Avedian Counseling Center and Anger Management 818) and Anger Management Essentials. She is an approved National Anger Management Association (NAMA) trainer, supervisor, and has authored Anger Management Essentials, a workbook for aggression, which has been translated into Spanish, Armenian, Hebrew and Teens (English and Spanish).
Dr. Marc Milstein
Dr. Marc Milstein specializes in taking the leading science research on brain health and presents it in a way that entertains, educates and empowers his audience to live better. His presentations provide science based solutions to keep the brain healthy, boost productivity and maximize longevity. He earned both his Ph.D. in Biological Chemistry and his Bachelor of Science in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology from UCLA. Dr. Milstein has conducted research on topics including genetics, cancer biology, and neuroscience, and his work has been published in multiple scientific journals. Dr. Milstein has been quoted breaking down and analyzing the latest research in popular press such as USA Today, Huffington Post and Weight Watchers Magazine. Dr. Milstein has also been featured on TV’s “Dr. Oz” show explaining the latest science breakthroughs that improve our life. For more info please visit: www.drmarcmilstein.com