- This event has passed.
New Insights Into Avoiding and Lowering Risk of Burnout Based on Cutting Edge Brain Science
March 2, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm PST
B.B. King famously sang “The Thrill is Gone.” This in many ways describes burnout – the feeling of exhaustion, cynicism, loss of motivation and productivity. It is often described as the absence of joy or the “spark” is gone. But burnout is not just about jobs and careers. There is caregiver burnout, parental burnout and just burnout towards day-to-day life. These feelings are understandable in our current times, but they are not inevitable. We now know we have the power to bring the fire and joy back.
Breakthrough brain research is uncovering surprising, key actionable steps to avoid and reverse the common and debilitating feelings of burnout.
Consider these staggering new insights that highlight the critical need to address a burnout epidemic.
- $300 billion dollars a year are lost in the United States due to workplace burnout as it leads to absenteeism, employee turnover, reduced productivity, as well as medical, legal, and insurance expenses.
- A Harvard Business Review study found that half of all employees who quit at large companies cite burnout as the number one cause.
- Burnout of any kind is associated with adverse health outcomes such as depression, pain, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and premature mortality.
Recent studies uncovered that boosting happiness increases longevity and lowers burnout. This is due to the powerful connection between mood and the immune system as well as heart and brain health. Strikingly, the likelihood of dying due to any cause was 19 percent lower for happy older people.
In this presentation you will learn:
- Key actionable, empowering, and surprising take home tips to significantly lessen burnout and boost happiness in highly stressful environments.
- The critical and sometimes subtle warning signs of burnout which occur before symptoms arise.
- The little known but highly effective preventative measures that can be taken to avoid burnout.
- Which treatments have been proven to reverse burnout and which are just myth, marketing, and hype?
Effectively lessening stress and burnout as well as boosting happiness is one of the most powerful actions we can take to lower risk of dementia, heart disease, depression, anxiety as well as improve sleep, memory, and productivity.